How to do calculate the perimeter of the trapezoid on problem and also questions 6, 12, 17 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25?
Hey Eric. Are you talking about the mock test we had during the Monday workshop?
Here are some hints for your first few questions:
- Q6: Use the triangle inequality.
- Q12: Find the price of each of the three pairs of sandals. Then use this to find the discount.
- Q17: Find the values if $X$, $Y$, $Z$, and $W$ by finding the areas of the triangles. Then plug into the answer choices to check which is true.
- Q19: How many white tiles will there be on each edge of the square? Looking at the diagram, how does the number of white tiles on the edge compare to the total number of whit tiles?
- Q20; In how many ways can you choose a first point and a second point? Note each point has exactly two points at distance one.
Let us know if this first few hits helped. It would be great if you can also let us know what you have tried and how you got stuck on each of the problems so we can give you better hints.
I am talking about the online AMC 8 mock test, in the ZIML website.
I got question 1, 3, 8, 9, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, on the mock AMC 8 test we did on Monday in the Areteem headquarters.