Online ZIML Monthly Contests
Please use this link to access the previous Online ZIML Monthly Contests from earlier months.
The current month's competition is available below.
Save time and money by registering for a ZIML Monthly Contest Bundle, including all the remaining ZIML Monthly Contests this school year!
Click below for more information and registration:
Contest Format and Registration
- The ZIML competition has 5 main divisions for students in elementary, middle, and high school. College students are not eligible to compete in any of the divisions.
- The contest takes place the first weekend of each month of the school year (October through June). The contest opens Friday at 12:01 AM Pacific Time and closes Sunday 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- The exam is 1 hour long (with 20 questions) that can be taken anytime while the contest is open.
- No calculators are allowed and each question has a number (integer or decimal) answer.
- Registration is done using the links above. Registration for the next monthly competition opens on the 20th of the preceding month.
- A practice exam is available on the Practice Page so students can get comfortable with the exam format.
- Varsity: The top division. Covers material on the level of the last 10 questions on the AMC 12 and AIME level. This division is open to all age levels.
- Junior Varsity: The second highest competition division. Covers material at the AMC 10/12 level and State/National MathCounts level. Note that material such as complex numbers, advanced trigonometry, and logarithms are not required at this level. This division is open to all age levels.
- High School (Division H): This division focuses on material from a standard high school curriculum. It covers topics up to and including pre-calculus. This division will serve as excellent practice for students preparing for the math portions of the SAT or ACT. This division is open to all age levels.
- Middle School (Division M): This division focuses on problem solving using math concepts from a standard middle school math curriculum. Covers material on the level of AMC 8 and School/Chapter MathCounts. This division is open to all students who have not started grade 9.
- Upper Elementary (Division E): This division focuses on advanced problem solving with mathematical concepts from upper elementary school. Covers material at a level comparable to MOEMS Division E. This division is open to all students who have not started grade 6.
2022-2023 Monthly Contest Dates
- October 7-9
- November 4-6
- December 2-4
- January 6-8
- February 3-5
- March 3-5
- April 7-9
- May 5-7
- June 2-4